8/27/08

Dallin's 5th Birthday




I can't belive my little boy is 5 years old! I always tell him I don't want him to grow up, that I just want him to stay my little boy. His response is always "But mom, don't you want me to be healthy?" Ok, ok, go ahead and grow up, but just not so fast!! Dallin has always been my little sweetie. Don't let his tough side fool you, he's a mommy's boy, and he loves to snuggle, talk and spend time with me. I couldn't love anyone more than I love my Dallin.





His actual birthday was celebrated with our dear friends the Smiths. Every year they have a BBQ at there house for Dallin's birthday, but they had a lot going on this week, so we had them over for an indoor bbq thanks to some afternoon showers. By the way, the cupcakes I made were so yummy I'm surprised I didn't gain 10 lbs! I guess the berries helped to offset the calories!



For Dallin's birthday party we had a summer time fun party. Dallin helped me watercolor the invitations. Inside was a deflated balloon with the party details writen on it. The kids just had to blow up the balloon to find out the details. There were 10 boys and 3 girls at the party so we had a lot of fun and a lot of energy!





The kids decorated visors, and then had a picnic lunch of hot dogs, chips fruit and leomonade in some cute blue and green sports bottles I found. We played some fun water games and relays like fireman's brigade and waterballon stomp on the trampoline. We opened presents, had yummy ice cream cupcakes, and then kids got bubble wands to run around with at the end of the party.










I'm trying not to be sad about the fact that it was too chaotic to remember to take pictures of all the cute little details I wanted to post, so I'll just say that Dallin and all the kids had a very fun time and I guess that's what matters most.


10 comments:

Ashley Funk said...

Wow - you are so ambitious to have that many children at a birthday party! It looks like they all had lots of fun, though. And those cupcakes... they look incredible and SO yummy!

Liz said...

Man, you are brave. I have to limit my kids parties to no more than five guests. This restriction is for my own sanity. They would love bigger parties, but I am a grinch...anyway, it looks like that had a blast! Good for Dallin!

R A C H A E L said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLIN!! We love having you in our primary class! So are such a sweet boy!

R A C H A E L said...

YOU are such a sweet boy.

Sorry, I am typing on a different computer with a ergonomic keyboard. I'm retarded...

Jen and Kent said...

You'll have to tell my all about your cupcake recepie (I need to get quite a few recepies from you!!)
Happy B-day Dallin!!!!!

Allison said...

This looks so fun, Deb! What a cute little mom you are. And you look great in the Utah pictures.Dallin and Dawson are adorable.

Kat & Paul said...

He's getting so big!

Becka said...

HI!!! How are you guys? Happy Birthday Dallin!!! you are getting so big!
Your cupcakes looked fabulous! Miss you guys <3

Berly said...

Those cupcakes looked sooooo good and the balloon invitation was such a good idea. Happy Birthday to Dallin. What a great party, and I am sure you took a long nap afterwards.

Rachel said...

What a great party, and I loved the invitations that you made, so cute!!