11/5/08

Trick or Treat!




Halloween was pretty simple this year. Last year we had a Halloween party and Dallin and I spent the entire month of October planning, making decorations etc. We had so much fun, but this year we decided just to keep things simple. Dallin told me that Halloween is not his "habit" (??) since he doesn't like scary things. He prefers Mother's day. He told me that Mother's day and Father's Day are his favorite holidays. How sweet is that!



Dallin had several fun activites surrounding Halloween like Parent's Night Out, Dad's night at school where they got to carve pumpkins and perform their well rehearsed spooky songs, and his fall festival and costume parade at school. Dave said that while all the other dad's seemed to be doing the pumpkin carving for their kids, Dallin was very intent upon doing his all by himself. He also helped me make spiderweb cupcakes to share with his classmates. On Halloween night we ate our Jack-o-lantern pizza, went trunk or treating, had homeade donughts at the Talbots, and ate ice cream at "Auntie Katie's house." talk about a sugar high!

I am not kidding when I say that "nandy" was Dawson's first word! The kid is a candy magnet. He knows just where the candy (gum) cubord is and he is very persistant about pushing over the bar stool and trying to get some. He can chew gum without swallowing it. He brings it to me when he's done or chucks it in the kitchen sink. This is so funny to me, considering I don't think I let Dallin ever try gum till he was 4 years old!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oh So Cute!

Anonymous said...

You look great in that costume - love it! You always do a great job at whatever it is you do!

Robin said...

When Dave rode his motorcycle through the middle of the trunk or treat all the kids oohed and aahed. he was greatly admired by the boys...and envied by the men.

Jamie said...

Cute costumes. Love the cupcakes.

Mel said...

Wo! I can not believe how much your 'doctor in training' looks like his Dad! What a cutie. Looks like you had a great Halloween!

Kat & Paul said...

love the costumes! what a fun halloween! i love hearing the things your kids say!