Dallin came home from school today really wanting to do a science experiment. I brushed him off a little since we did made homemade ice cream from his science book yesterday, and because I'm having company tomorrow and had just cleaned the kitchen floor. He was a little bummed and he basically told me that I always say, "we'll do it tomorrow" or "I don't really want a mess in the house" etc. What can I say, he is right. The thing about having boys (at least my boys) is that they would do science experiments or crafts everyday If I let them..... which I would love to, but reality is that once I have everything all out and ready to go they will sit at the table and participte for about 5 minutes or less and then they are on to the next thing and I'm stuck cleaning up for the next 20 minutes. Today we made musical instruments and literally I had time to grab my camera and take about 3 pictures and they were done and moving on! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing this kind of stuff with my boys, It would just be great if they could enjoy the moment a tiny bit longer! Is that too much to ask?
4/12/10
The thing about boys...
Dallin came home from school today really wanting to do a science experiment. I brushed him off a little since we did made homemade ice cream from his science book yesterday, and because I'm having company tomorrow and had just cleaned the kitchen floor. He was a little bummed and he basically told me that I always say, "we'll do it tomorrow" or "I don't really want a mess in the house" etc. What can I say, he is right. The thing about having boys (at least my boys) is that they would do science experiments or crafts everyday If I let them..... which I would love to, but reality is that once I have everything all out and ready to go they will sit at the table and participte for about 5 minutes or less and then they are on to the next thing and I'm stuck cleaning up for the next 20 minutes. Today we made musical instruments and literally I had time to grab my camera and take about 3 pictures and they were done and moving on! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing this kind of stuff with my boys, It would just be great if they could enjoy the moment a tiny bit longer! Is that too much to ask?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love it, the thing about boys :) Skiing looked like a bunch of fun.
AMEN!! I agree completely. If only they would love the clean-up part too, then we'd be in business. :)
Post a Comment